At the end of the Programme, participants will have an enhanced level of knowledge and skills in assessing environmental impacts, and will be able to apply essential concepts to help them perform the roles and responsibilities required at a top-level.
This Programme is designed to meet professionals' needs of these responsibilities:
- Destination Management Officers
- Environmental Officers
- Project Managers
- Project Planners
- SHEQ, HSE, HSSE etc. Officers
The learning methodologies employed in this programme will allow participants to obtain fresh and different perspectives through case studies and peer learning as well as be competent in the Arts of Environemntal Impact Assessment through activities and presentations.
Day 1 – Recap on Environmental Assessment
- * Speed Networking
- * Participant Layout of learning Expectations
- Key Principles Of Environmental Assessment
- Who Does It?
- Objectives And Limitations
- What Are The Governing International Environmental Law?
- Domestic Laws
- Role and impact of Institutions and Advocacy Groups
- * Case Studies
Day 2 – Types of EIA
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Statement
- Strategic Environment Assessment
- Environmental Audit
- Ecological Impact Assessment
- Risk Assessment and Analysis
- Ecological Risk Assessment
- Regional Risk Screening
- Social Impact Assessments and Statements
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Assessment
- Health Impact Assessment
- Summary Of Usage, Pros And Cons And Challenges
- * Peer Learning: Experiences Sharing
Day 3 – Designing Your Environmental Impact Assessment And Writing Impactful Reports
- Process of Environmental Assessment
- Designing Your Study
- Screening and Scoping
- Data Collection
- Result Analysis
- Common Scientific Writing Method
- Report Writing Key Pointers
- Elements Of Environmental Statements
- Templates For Environmental Statements
- * Group Activity: Design your EIA!
- * Group Presentation and Discussion
Day 4 – More Application and Conclusion
- * Situational Learning: Use Your EIA!
- * Activity: Report Writing
- * Presentation: Communicating Your Result and Report Effectively
- Recap On Learnings
- Final Q&A