At the end of the Programme, participants will have an enhanced level of knowledge and skills in integrated land use planning, and will be able to apply essential concepts to help them take on new urban planning projects as well as untangle the complexities faced in land use-transportation planning.
This Programme is designed to meet professionals' needs of these responsibilities:
- Destination Management Officers
- Economic Development Officers
- Environmental Planners
- Housing Officers
- Infrastructure Planners
- Master Planners
- Rural Development Officers
- Town Developers
- Town Planners
- Transportation Planners
- Urban Designers
- Urban Planners
The learning methodologies employed in this programme focuses on application-based activities to enrich participants with the skills to competently develop a functioning integrated land use model in line with contemporary standards. Other methodologies such as problem-based learning, case studies and scenario analysis will enhance the knowledge of participants to help them assess and/or improve on integrated land use models.
Day 1 –Essential Concepts Of Integrated Land Use
- * Speed Networking
- * Participant Layout Of Learning Expectations
- Transport In Cities Vs Travel Behaviour
- Land Use Need In Different Economies
- Need For Integrated Land Use A Matter Of Space Constraints?
- Other Factors Affecting Land Use Modelling From The Triple Bottom Line Approach?
- Institutions In Urban Planning And Development Policies
- Contemporary Frameworks And Regulations In Urban Planning And Development
- Common Land Use Models; Its Limitations, Benefits And Opportunities
- * Case Studies
Day 2 –Deep Dive Into The Process Of Integrated Land Use
- What Are Integrated Land Use Indicators?
- Analysing And Understanding The Current Status Quo Through Essential Data
- Stakeholder Participation?
- Obtaining Financing And/Or Investment
- Public Transport And Its Network
- Long-Term Planning
- Sustainability – Green Buildings?
- Smart Cities Approach
- Car-Free Cities?
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Making And Communicating The Case Effectively
- * Scenario-Based Analysis
- * Group Brainstorm
Day 3 – Tackling The Common Issues Of Integrated Land Use
- Urban Sprawl
- Managing Funds
- Managing Stakeholders
- Competition In Public Transport
- Environmental Concerns?
- Waste Management
- Wastewater Treatment
- Air Pollution Control
- * Problem-Based Learning
Day 4 – Application And Conclusion
- Popular Computing Tools And Softwares Available
- * Reflection: What would be your top concern in implementing a integrated land use policy?
- * Activity: Develop Your Integrated Land Use Model
- * Presentation
- Recap On Learnings
- Final Q&A